Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Salad Pizza

I love pizza. I also love salad with my pizza so every time I have pizza I make a side salad. I love the combo so much that I usually end up putting my salad on top of my pizza. Naturally I came up with a salad pizza that I make at home. This pizza also can be made on the grill and is perfect outdoor cookouts and weekends with the family. Mangia! — Jill


You'll need:
Pizza crust (you can get fresh dough from your local pizzeria or use fresh baked. I use Naan flat bread). 
Standard CITK marinara (recipe on blog) or a can or San Marzano crushed tomatoes
Fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 tsp.oregano and an additional pinch
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Romaine lettuce, shredded
Red onion, sliced thin
Olive oil for drizzling
Red wine vinegar for drizzling

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Top crust with sauce. Add 3-4 slices of mozzarella and the teaspoon of  oregano. Drizzle oil on top. Add 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes.


While pizza is cooking, in a large bowl mix lettuce, onion, a few drizzles of vinegar, and the pinch of oregano. Set aside. When pizza is done, top with salad mixture. Add remaining parmesan cheese and another drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment