Friday, September 9, 2011

Parmesan Cheese Chicken

Several days after Hurricane Irene, Lisa's son Jimmy and his friend Tyrone make one final trip for takeout. Then the family demanded: "We want a home-cooked meal."
The basement of my home was hit hard by the floods resulting from Hurricane Irene.  For what seemed like weeks, we were eating takeout: pizza, Chinese, more pizza, etc. My husband and son were dying for a home-cooked meal. When I was finally able to keep my eyes open for more than 30 minutes, I looked in my refrigerator to see what I had left and then sat down and sifted through my recipes, which consists of scraps of scribbled-on paper, backs of envelopes, and note cards (from when I was really organized). I wanted to desperately cook...something...anything, but I had to make do with what I had in the fridge. Then I came across this recipe. I’m not sure where I got it or when for that matter, but I remember that it is pretty good and pretty easy. It’s  a little like chicken cutlets but much easier, and I’m thinking a little healthier since its not fried.  Enjoy! —Lisa

You'll need:
1 package boneless skinless chicken breast, fat trimmed (about 4 pieces)
¾ cup mayonnaise
½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Bread crumbs, Italian seasoned

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray.

Combine the mayonnaise and parmesan cheese in a bowl.  Cover each piece of chicken with the mixture, then coat with the breadcrumbs. Place on the baking pan. Sprinkle a little more cheese on each piece of chicken. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes.

Note:  You can split the chicken breasts, cutting them thin like you would for cutlets. This will cut your cooking time in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment