Monday, February 27, 2012

Mary Frank's Chicken Pot Pie

Earlier this year the Cousins met Mary Frank, photographer for the Asbury Park Press, when she and her colleague, reporter Lorraine Ash, came to my house to do a story on Cousins in the Kitchen. (We'll let you know when the story appears!) We had such a great time with Mary and Lorraine, and ended up talking about pot pies. Yes, pot pies. I mentioned that I practically lived on chicken pot pie during my college years and haven't had one since. Mary was quick to offer up a recipe for a homemade pot pie that is easy, delicious and made me regret that I didn't have this recipe back in the day. This is so much better than the frozen variety and I definitely could have pulled this off in college...I think. OK, maybe not. After all, I was very busy studying. (Not buying it, are ya?) Well forget that, and remember to put this on your list of must-try recipes! —Diana  

You’ll need:
1 box Pillsbury Pie Crust with 2 crusts
2 pieces chicken breast, boiled and cubed
2 cans Campbell’s Cream of Potato Soup
½ cup milk
1 16-ounce bag of frozen mixed vegetables (I used peas and carrots), thawed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix together soup and milk. Add chicken and vegetables and mix well. 

Spread one crust into the bottom of an ungreased pie pan. Pour in the mixture. Go ahead....load it up! 





Cover the top with the with second pie crust, cinch edges, and make a few slits on top to vent.
Bake for about one hour until the top of the crust is golden brown. Let cool  a bit and enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment