Friday, February 24, 2012

Jelly-Filled Cake Balls


I promised I would tell you how I made these delicious Jelly filled cake balls.  It’s really very easy.  I have the cake pop pans, which you can now find anywhere.  I ordered mine online but I’ve seen them at Party City and Walmart.  Follow the directions on a box of Betty Crocker white cake mix and add one small box of instant vanilla pudding mix. Mix thoroughly, then fill each cake ball mold with the batter and put the top on. Bake for about ½ hour or until a toothpick put in the middle comes out clean.  Cool completely.

Meanwhile I made chocolate ganache frosting with heavy cream and chocolate chips.  I let that cool just a little.

When the cake balls are completely cooled, I put raspberry jelly (not preserves) into a plastic bag with the corner cut out.  Over the cut corner put a steel tip (for cake decorating) and puncture the cake balls adding the jelly to the center. When done, cover them with the chocolate ganache. Put them on wax paper to completely set.  Voila!

You can use any kind of cake mix and filling.  Chocolate cake with Fluff center would be good. Hmmm…I may have to make them next! —Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment