Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chicken and Spinach and Mushrooms, Oh My!

By the time I get out of work during the week and pick up the girls from preschool, I need dinner to be fast, easy AND healthy. Sometimes I make this dish in my slow cooker, but if I’m not that organized I just whip out the large sauce pan. It's done in 30 minutes and it looks like I spent hours preparing it. Shhh...don't tell Jared! —Jennifer

What you’ll need:
2 cans cream of mushroom soup. I use Campbell's reduced fat and less sodium It's umm, umm, good!
1 package chicken cutlets
1 box cut mushrooms, cleaned  
1 bag fresh spinach
½ yellow onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, sliced
Extra virgin olive oil

In a large sauce pan, simmer the soup mixed with 1 cup water. 
In another pan, go once around with the oil and sauté the onions, garlic and mushrooms. When done, add to the soup. Add the chicken and cook until chicken is tender. In the last couple of minutes, add the spinach. 
Serve over rice or with a nice hunk of bread. Like I said...umm, umm good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment