Thursday, November 17, 2011

Grilled Salmon over Sauteed Spinach

This recipe was perfected when my husband and I were dating. I never ate salmon growing up so I didn’t know how to cook it or how to serve it. One Sunday, Jared and I decided we were going to try to replicate a salmon dish we had at a restaurant. After a couple of attempts, I got the marinade and Jared got the grilling down to perfection. Now every time I eat this dish, I think of us, young and in love. This one’s for you babe..Love you!Jennifer






What you’ll need:
6 oz. salmon fillets with skin on
1/3 cup sesame oil
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for pan
4 cloves of garlic, 2 finely chopped; 2 coarsely chopped
1/2 tsp brown sugar
Spinach
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles

To make the marinade, mix together the sesame oil, olive oil, finely chopped garlic, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over the salmon fillets and let marinade for about 30 minutes before grilling.  (I like to make extra marinade and use it as a dipping sauce.)

Sautée the spinach. (You can do it this way or use Lisa's spinach recipe from last week).
Place fresh, clean spinach in skillet
Twice around the pan with EVOO
Add the coarsely chopped garlic and a pinch of salt. 
Cover spinach and let it cook. At the end, add the feta cheese

Grill the salmon skin side down first.  We love to grill all year round, so we use our outdoor grill every time we make this dish. Grill each side for about 4 minutes. Peel skin off the salmon before placing on over the spinach to serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment