Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Creamy Pesto Shrimp Over Risotto


It was a week before Thanksgiving and I wanted to make room in my fridge and freezer for the turkey and other Thanksgiving items that would be moving in. I began to take inventory: I had pesto (I always keep a jar handy because I usually don’t have fresh basil around when I need it); I had frozen extra large shrimp in the freezer; I always have heavy cream in the fridge; and white wine...yeah, got that, too. OK, that should make some room! 

Put all those things together, make some risotto and I was in business. The sauce from the shrimp over the risotto is amazing. (Get yourself some nice, fresh Italian bread because you’ll definitely want to dunk. And the best part...there were no leftovers for the fridge!—Lisa

You'll need:
1.5 pounds extra large shrimp, boiled until pink then drained
1 cup pesto (from a jar or fresh)
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 cloves garlic, chopped

In a large fry pan, sauté the garlic. Add the shrimp, pesto, white wine and heavy cream Mix together thoroughly and simmer on stove until just bubbly and sauce thickens a little (shrimp should be completely curled up)

Serve over risotto. Done!



No comments:

Post a Comment