Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tomato, Eggplant and Mozzarella Stack

There is something about the warm weather that makes me crave tomatoes. I went for a run today, and all I could think about was tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. But I wanted to try something new so I decided to roast some campari tomatoes and stack them on top of a slice of grilled eggplant. It looked and tasted like an appetizer you would get at a restaurant, if I say so myself. It was amazing! —Jennifer


You'll need:
Campari tomatoes (really any tomatoes will do)
1 eggplant, medium sized
Fresh mozzarella cheese
Extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Fresh basil, chopped
2 tbsp garlic powder

Slice the tomatoes so they can be stacked. (Keep the tops for decoration.)
Skin and slice the eggplant. Coat the eggplant and tomatoes in the oil and garlic powder.

Mix together to make sure both sides of the tomato and the eggplant are covered.
Grill the eggplant and the tomatoes.

Lay the grilled eggplant on the dish and stack the tomato with mozzarella, another layer of tomato, and finally add the top.

Sprinkle basil on top. Drizzle the oil and balsamic vinegar over and around the stack and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment