Friday, April 20, 2012

Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Broccoli Rabe and Tomatoes

When I feel creative I go to Corrado's Family Affair in Fairfield and browse the amazing fruits and vegetables to see what I can come up with. I just pick things up, throw them in my basket, and figure out what I'm going to make when I get home. During this particular visit I bought broccoli rabe, chicken tenderloins, and an amazing balsamic glaze.  It took me about five minutes to come up with this dish. I gave myself a pat on the back and watched as my husband ate and said, many times over, "This is great!" Ahhhh...a job well done.Go me!  —Lisa

You'll need:
1 package (about 7 pieces) chicken breast tenderloins
2 heads fresh broccoli rabe
1 basket grape tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cup chicken broth
1 bottle of balsamic glaze
Olive oil
Red wine

Cut the ends of the broccoli rabe and cover completely in water and bring to a boil until it wilts.

Meanwhile, go two turns around a deep frying pan with oil and add 1 clove of the sliced garlic. When the oil gets hot, throw in the tomatoes, whole, and cook until they just pop. Add some red wine to the pan, just enough to deglaze the bottom. Add salt and pepper to the chicken tenderloins, put in pan and fry lightly.

In another frying pan, go one turn around the pan of oil and add the remaining garlic. Add the broccoli rabe and the chicken broth. Cook until tender.

On a large plate, place the broccoli rabe and put the chicken and tomato mixture on top. Squirt the balsamic glaze on top (as much or as little as you like).  Delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment