Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Soup

Lisa always likes a good challenge. We don't know how this scenario played out, but we do know that when Eddie challenged Lisa to make a buffalo chicken soup...he went down!

"This came about when my friend Eddie challenged me to come up with a buffalo chicken soup that he saw on a menu at a Boston restaurant. He's a huge buffalo chicken fan but he couldn’t order the soup because he was there in the morning and apparently they frown upon serving the soup for breakfast. So being Italian and a Bucco, I took him up on the challenge and had great success!  It’s my shortcut version using my dad's vodka penne sauce as a base, and I usually have plenty of that in the freezer. Needless to say I won the challenge and now Eddie doesn't have to go to all the way to Boston for "wicked good" buffalo chicken soup." —Lisa

You'll Need: 
My Dad's Vodka Penne Sauce (recipe posted July 25, 2011)
2 or 3 boneless chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
½ cup celery, finely chopped
Frank's Red Hot Sauce to taste (yes, I put that #$&* on (almost) everything!)
Your favorite hot wing sauce to taste (I like Steve & Ed’s Garlic Buffalo Wing Sauce)
Blue cheese crumbles

Heat the vodka sauce. While sauce is heating, boil the chicken breasts. Let cool and shred with a fork.  Add to the sauce. Add celery, Frank's Red Hot and the hot wing sauce.  Cook until everything is heated through.  Divide into bowls and add blue cheese to each bowl.  Oh yeah, take that Eddie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment