Thursday, December 8, 2011

Beef Stew over Egg Noodles

My Rival Crock Pot is a lifesaver. With teaching full time, interning as a vice principal, graduate school work, twins, a husband and marathon training, my life is happily hectic, and I wouldn’t want it any other way. But that doesn’t mean I’m not always looking for ways to make some aspects of my life a little easier. That’s where my Crock Pot comes in, especially in the winter when my Crock Pot is my best friend. I chop all my veggies the night before, get a little help from ShopRite pre-chopped meat and McCormick's Stew Mix and BAm!...a slow-cooked dream. There is nothing like coming home and knowing that the evening meal is ready. All I have to do is boil the water for the egg noodles and serve. Less time in the kitchen and more time for my family! – Jennifer

What you'll need (feeds 4):
2.5 pounds beef cubes (buying pre-cubed makes this meal that much easier) 
1 6-oz can of tomato paste
2 tbsp olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
1 package baby carrots
1 package McCormick's Beef Stew Mix
1 package egg noodles. You can also serve this over brown rice 
1tbsp cornstarch for thickening
2 cups water
½ cup Merlot. Any red wine will do, but I love Merlot. And, it’s the perfect wine to have with the stew! 

I like to chop up the veggies the night before to make things easier. I like to rough chop the onions and celery. The next morning
 I put all but the egg noodles and cornstarch into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4 hours. 

Boil water and cook egg noodles. Put cornstarch in about a ½ hour before serving to thicken the sauce. Serve stew over the egg noodles and enjoy! 

Eliza and Abigail love when mom makes a Crock Pot dinner because that means she spends less time in the kitchen and more time with them! 



No comments:

Post a Comment