Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Chocolate Dumplings

The truth is, I’m not a baker. Unlike Lisa, I never enjoyed baking, and given that I am married to a Type 1 diabetic, well, let’s just say there’s not a lot of sugary treats making their way into my oven. But when the Cousins decided to do desserts, I knew I had to come through.  So I took my vision of gooey chocolate in a deep fried pastry to my friend Ann-Marie’s house to test it out on some tough critics…her kids! They (and the adults) loved it, but I had one problem: I didn’t have a name.  So I asked one of my favorite little friends, Christopher, what he thought and, without missing a beat, he said, “chocolate dumplings.” So, here they are…oooey, gooey chocolate dumplings! —Jennifer

Christopher not only named these delicious treats, he helped make them, too!
Ingredients:
1 Package of dark or milk chocolate. I use Hershey’s Specialty Dark individually wrapped pieces.
1 Pillsbury piecrust
1 package of powdered sugar

Preparation:
Chop the chocolate
Cut pastry dough into triangles
Place chocolate into the center of the triangle and roll the pastry
Cut off excess pastry
Using a fork, seal off ends to prevent leakage

Place ‘dumplings’ into deep fryer until brown. (You can bake them as well.)
Top with powdered sugar. Serve warm!
If you're not a fan of chocolate, use a mixture of mascarpone cheese and honey instead.



The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment