Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Deep Fried Chicken Wings


Every Christmas Eve I make fried calamari. I didn’t have a deep fryer so I would use a deep pot, heat the oil until I thought it was hot enough, then used my spider to fry the calamari.  This year got myself a new toy! I went high tech and bought myself a deep fryer. It has a temperature gauge that I can set and a timer. Oh yes, I was very excited! This year's Christmas Eve calamari was better than ever. 

But I couldn't just pack away the fryer until next year. Oh no. Picture it: Wildcard Sunday. My house has two Washington Redskin fans. So when the Redskins were playing the Seahawks and my son told me he had a couple of guys coming over to watch the game, it was the perfect opportunity to make chicken wings. 

Unfortunately the “pig pen” (Redskins fans will know what that is) was unhappy with the outcome of the game, but everyone was happy with the wings! Lisa

You'll need:
Vegetable oil (as per your deep fryer)
1 large package chicken wing sections, completely defrosted
2 cups buttermilk
3 ½ cups flour
2/3 cups cayenne pepper
salt

Heat the oil to 375 degrees.

Soak the defrosted chicken in the buttermilk for about 1 hour.

Mix the flour, cayenne pepper and salt

Coat the chicken completely with four mixture.

Cook chicken in batches of 6-7 pieces (depending on the size of your fryer) for 10-13 minutes or until the coating is deep golden brown. 

I love my new toy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment