Friday, October 28, 2011

Chicken with Mozzarella and Prosciutto

My father used to tease my mother about how many times she made chicken during the week. He even turned the word into a game, “chicken!”  If anyone said the codeword “chicken” around my father that meant the game was ON! He would chase my brother and I around the house, tackle us to the floor and begin tickling us until we said “uncle.” And then, because my father was a such a buster, we had to name which uncle..so we had to scream, “Uncle Butch!” or “Uncle Jimmy!” Sometimes he would release us, other times he would continue the tickling and say, "They told me to tickle you more!" Every time I make a chicken dish, I think of that silly game and how much fun we used to have.  It’s one of my fondest memories of my dad and my family. —Jennifer

Jennifer with her dad and brother.
What you’ll need:
1 package of chicken cutlets
1 package of fresh mozzarella (or you can use packaged/shredded as well)
1 package of prosciutto
4 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp of garlic powder
1tsp of salt(I like to use Kosher salt for all of my recipes)
1tsp of pepper
Toothpicks

Preparation:
Flatten chicken cutlets until they are thin. This is my favorite part of the prep.  Lay the cutlets flat with plastic wrap on top. Take a mallet or a frying pan and bang the cutlets until they are nice and thin.

Mix the olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper together. Pour over the chicken and marinade for about an hour.

When the cutlets are done marinating, put the mozzarella and prosciutto on top.  

Roll each cutlet and put a toothpick in the center to hold it together. Put cutlets on a baking pan.

Place in the oven preheated to 350 degree for about 30 minutes, until the cutlets are golden brown.

When done, remove the toothpicks and serve with your favorite salad or side dish.  


The way Jennifer's dad John usually looks after a good meal...happy and satisfied!

No comments:

Post a Comment